How can we help?
Internship License (Pre-Level I)
Before you can submit for a level I license, you must apply for your internship license through NMPED. Resources for...
Online Portfolio for Alternative Licensure (Level I)
Resources for applying for and submitting your OPAL portfolio to gain a Level I license.
Professional Development Dossier (Level I-III)
Resources for submission and advancement of the Dossier.
Same Level Licensure (Level II-III)
Resources for renewing licenses.
Help with account issues, activation and registration through TeachNM.
Resources and support for Dossier and OPAL Reviewers.
Commonly Asked Questions and resources for VoiceNM.
- What tests do I need to take for initial licensure?
- What types of Alternative licensure are available?
- What are the requirements for Alternative Licensure?
- What comes before a Level I license?
- Do I need to teach for all 3 years of the internship license?
- How do I teach using OPAL (Online Portfolio Alternative Licensure)?
- If I taught all 5 years on my level 1 license and did not complete my dossier can I receive an extension?
- When will my OPAL portfolio be reviewed? [Advancement to Level I]
- I recieved a "Does Not Meet" on a strand, what resources are available for OPAL resubmission?
- Can I advance to a level III if I am not currently employed?
- Can I submit my dossier as one file, or individual strands?
- How do I move to a Level II License?
- How do I advance to Level II without the dossier as an effective teacher?
- How can I advance to level III and/or without using the dossier?
- I submitted my dossier before the deadline, can I resubmit after the window closes?
- What is the submission deadline for Dossiers?
- I recieved a "Does Not Meet" on a strand, what resources are available for resubmission?
- What is the difference between the Online Portfolio for Alternative Licensure and Professional Development Dossier?
- Can you have my audio/video recordings checked to make sure they work before I submit my dossier?
- Why can't I renew my Level I license online?
- My account says I have an expired Level I license, but my license is current, why can't I login?
- Password requirements for teachNM accounts
- Should I delete the strands in my directory if I am resubmitting?
- How can I get information on how to become a Dossier Reviewer?
- What is the status of my submission?
- I already have a New Mexico license. I want a different license, what do I need to do?
- I recently got married, should I submit my license under my maiden name?
- Online Three Tired Licensure system start to finish
- Session 22 opens July 15th at 12:01AM
- How do I search and add Teachers/Administrators so that districts can manage adding their own teachers?