How can we help?
Internship License (Pre-Level I)
Before you can submit for a level I license, you must apply for your internship license through NMPED. Resources for...
Online Portfolio for Alternative Licensure (Level I)
Resources for applying for and submitting your OPAL portfolio to gain a Level I license.
Professional Development Dossier (Level I-III)
Resources for submission and advancement of the Dossier.
Same Level Licensure (Level II-III)
Resources for renewing licenses.
Help with account issues, activation and registration through TeachNM.
Resources and support for Dossier and OPAL Reviewers.
Resources for general licensure questions
Commonly Asked Questions and resources for VoiceNM.
- Which courses to take that qualify for Alternative Licensure?
- How can I get a license in New Mexico?
- What tests do I need to take for initial licensure?
- What types of Alternative licensure are available?
- What are the requirements for Alternative Licensure?
- Do I need to teach for all 3 years of the internship license?
- How do I teach using OPAL (Online Portfolio Alternative Licensure)?
- How do I submit my OPAL?
- What is the status of my OPAL?
- When will my OPAL portfolio be reviewed?
- I recieved a "Does Not Meet" on a strand, what resources are available for OPAL resubmission?
- How do I submit my dossier?
- How do I advance to Level II or Level III without the dossier?
- If I submitted my dossier before the deadline, can I resubmit after the window closes?
- What is the submission deadline for Dossiers?
- How can I advance to a Level II License?
- I recieved a "Does Not Meet" on a strand, what resources are available for resubmission?
- Can I advance to a level III if I am not currently employed?
- What is the difference between the Online Portfolio for Alternative Licensure and Professional Development Dossier?
- Can you have my audio/video recordings checked to make sure they work before I submit my dossier?
- Renew your license using the Same Level Licensure Portal
- Why can't I renew my Level I license online?
- Why can't I login to my TeachNM account?
- Password requirements for teachNM accounts
- Should I delete the strands in my directory if I am resubmitting?
- How do I create a new Reviewer account?
- How often do I need to attend Reviewer Training?
- Do PDD reviewers have to have a current license to review?
- How can I get information on how to become a Dossier Reviewer?
- Where do I update my Reviewer Profile?
- Reviewer guidelines and best practices
- How long does it take for my Dossier or OPAL to be reviewed?
- What is the status of my submission?
- I recently got married, should I submit my license under my maiden name?
- Online Three Tired Licensure system start to finish
- How do I search and add Teachers/Administrators so that districts can manage adding their own teachers?
- Issues submitting a survey