It is recommended that you try allowing the survey to naturally refresh after each submission. Once a student clicks the submit button, the survey waits 60 seconds and automatically refreshes to a clean survey screen. Pressing refresh before the survey naturally clears, will delay the specified timeout.
If the survey hangs while the "wheel" continues to spin, clear any browser cache in the browser you are using to conduct surveys.
Clearing cache and cookies is an important first step for almost any troubleshooting for internet browsing. The 'cache' is a tool used by your internet browser to speed up the page loading process by storing frequently accessed pages on your hard drive. However, sometimes it can cause a problem when websites are updated and developed as files saved in the cache may conflict with what's actually coded into the website. Clearing cache and cookies is a way we can be sure that any issues you may come across are actually something wrong with voicenm.org, rather than inconsistencies caused by using different browsers.
How to clear browser cache in Firefox:
- Click on your tools bar
- Click on preferences (On a PC, it's called settings)
- In the side menu select "privacy"
- Choose "clear your recent history", and from there choose how much cache you wish to clear.
How to Clear browser cache in Chrome:
- Open Chrome.
- On your browser toolbar, click More .
- Point to More tools, and then click Clear browsing data.
In the "Clear browsing data" box, click the checkboxes for Cookies and other site and plug-in data and Cached images and files.
- Use the menu at the top to select the amount of data that you want to delete. Choose beginning of time to delete everything.
- Click Clear browsing data.