Teachers may advance from Level II to Level III if:
- Have taught a minimum of three years on their level II license
- Have earned a Masters Degree or National Board Certification
- Earned a rating of Effective, Highly Effective or Exemplary on their previous year's Summative Evaluation
- Learned at least 50% of the points available to them in the Student Achievement portion of their previous year's Summative Evaluation (teachers using the National Board Certification are exempt from this requirement)
- Have the approval of their district
Advancement through Dossier, http://teachnm.org/programs/professional-development-dossier/pdd-overview.html
Part of the Strands that one submits during the Dossier, is a collection of your data for example you would provide proof of lessons to students, any handouts, student work and photos. The link above will provide you more details as to what is needed for each strand.
For additional questions, please contact NMPED Licensure Department at 505-827-1436.
Please Note: If your district or school do not use the NMTEACH Evaluation system, you will have to submit your dossier as stated in Option 2.