Due to compatibility issues with newer versions of Microsoft Word, you may encounter challenges while using the Librarian templates located in the Teacher Resource Center.
Try the following steps:
- Save document as ".docx" from ".doc" OR
- On OSX (Mac) go to File -> Convert OR
- On Windows go to the File tab -> Compatibility mode and select that big button to remove Compatibility Mode
If the ribbon is still grayed out:
- For OSX, wherever you saved the template, right click on the template and select Open With -> Pages. (Pages is the default text editor for Mac)
- In Pages, select the Media button in the toolbar and from there, select the media you want to insert from your computer, or simply drag and drop.
- For Windows, download Libre Office which is a free editor that is similar to Microsoft Word. (Also available for Mac)
Historically, this has helped with any compatibility issues within newer versions of Microsoft Word.