Here are some specific suggestions for improving your strand submission or resubmission:
- Carefully review the Requirements and Guidelines for the Preparation of the NM PDD for Teachers. This document can be viewed at http://teachnm.org/uploads/docs/pdd-guidelines.pdf
- Make sure you clearly understand the individual components of your Strand.
- Review the PDD Podcasts that are available to support resubmission. They can be viewed from this link: http://teachnm.org/programs/professional-development-dossier/pdd-podcasts.html. These recourses are intended to complement the basic Guidelines document referenced in #1 above.
- Schedule quality time for reflection, writing and review. Then, do more reflection, writing and review. Continue the process until you condense your strand into the best representation of your actual teaching practice and supporting student documents and data.
- If possible, work with a trusted teacher mentor and/or coach who understands the PDD process.
- Give yourself plenty of time to work on the above recommendations before the next submission window opens (July 15 to March 31 of each year).
Please also be aware of the holistic nature of the competencies meaning if you make a slight change in one competency, this may also affect changes for other competencies. Refer to the requirements and guidelines to check that you are meeting all competencies for the strand you are resubmitting.